Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
Recruiting: 10 Questions With Joe Mitchell
Posted Jan 29, 2009
GoPokes.com is contacting as many Oklahoma State commitments as possible leading up to National Signing Day. We are asking each of them the same 10 questions, some football related and others not, in an attempt to give fans a chance to get to know their future Cowboys. Check back each and every day leading up to Feb. 4 for more questions and answers with the OSU stars of the future.
1) What about Oklahoma State first caught your eye?
Joe Mitchell: Mainly the coaches. Coach (Joe) DeForest brought me in with open arms and showed me that the coaches really cared.
2) What was your deciding factor in committing to the Cowboys?
Mitchell: There was no competition really. Seeing the facilities and walking around campus as well as me having family down there made it easy for me.
3) What are three words that describe you as a person?
Mitchell: Outgoing, team player and fun.
4) What are three words that describe you as a football player?
Mitchell: Big, fast and awareness (smart on the field).
5) What is your favorite thing to do on the football field?
Mitchell: My No. 1 is getting the team hyped up and ready to play.
6) What is your favorite thing to do off the field?
Mitchell: Sit at home and relax and play video games.
7) If you don't go on to play in the NFL, what would you like to do?
Mitchell: Start my own business and make sure I save and have a retirement plan.
8) What are you most looking forward to in terms of playing for Oklahoma State?
Mitchell: Just becoming more of a complete person and a complete man. I've been known for that and it will be easy doing it there.
9) What do you feel will be your biggest challenge in moving from high school to college?
Mitchell: The pace of the game and workouts.
10) Who is the one player on Oklahoma State's roster, or in your recruiting class, that you are most excited to be teammates with next season?
Mitchell: Dez Bryant
Joe Mitchell, QB/FS, 6-3 1/2, 215, 4.56, Katy (Morton Ranch), Texas
Bench Press: 275, Squat: 440, VJ: 36”
Stats: Sr. - Rushing 184 att. - 1,197-yards, 12 TDs; Passing 50.4% completions for 1,019-yards, 8 TDs and 2 interceptions Jr. - 63 total tackles, 4 interceptions
Other schools recruiting: Missouri, Kentucky, Tulane, UTEP
Joe Mitchell Profile
Mizzou's newest offer goes to Texas athlete
Jan 22, 2009
Recruiting: Mitchell Ready To Get To OSU
Dec 15, 2008
Recruiting: Cowboys Get Safety Commitment
Nov 17, 2008
Get the 2014 Recruiting Yearbook and a full year of
Magazine with an Annual Total Access Pass.
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from GoPokes.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to
View My HotList
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Oklahoma State > Recruiting
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft